One of my clients had a short-term opportunity in his line of business as a result of external forces (think demand for gas generators and bottled water after a hurricane). And they jumped on it to take full advantage. They worked all weekend to get the extra product and then had a long week fulfilling the expected surge in orders. Wonderful.
My client is the CEO. I asked:
– Who identified the opportunity?
– Who made the decision to pursue it?
– Who defined the action plan?
– Who reprioritized the company’s activities?
– Who put the plan in place?
– Who is executing the plan?
– Who is putting in the most hours each day to get it done?
If you, the CEO, are the “who” to more than one of these questions, think deeply about this.
“Are you a superhero standing in the way of developing a super team?”
“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.”
– Helen Keller